Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum
Raves/Rants about the goings-on on a little blue inconsequential planet in a small and relatively uninspiring solar system which is on the far end of a small and wholly unspectacular galaxy in the large universe.

Why most of us are similar

Category: , By El Subliminal
Take for instance, this seemingly innocuous article.
Greece has a problem, so they want to solve it. The telling (and indeed loaded)
statement is in the last paragraph.

".. EU's smallest and poorest nations..".
I know many greeks, and imho, this is not true. Anyone who can afford 8 Euros coffee ain't poor (ok so I'm adopting an absolutist stance - bite me).

More interestingly, its the craven excuse given by the officials - this is what I find makes most of us similar - the excuses we give. For anything in life.
I can easily imagine a GOI operative giving a similar excuse for refugees from Bangladesh etc. 


 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?